Popular Home Improvements Homeowners Are Making
Has sheltering in place inspired you to make improvements to your home? Well, you are not alone! Spending more time at home these days has encouraged many homeowners to upgrade their space indoors and out. From decks and patios to kitchen and bathroom renovations here are some of the top improvements homeowners have shown interest in.
Trending Outdoor Projects
Research shows that outdoor home improvement projects topped the charts in June 2020. Along with deck and patio projects, homeowners also showed interest in adding or repairing fences. But it doesn’t stop there, landscaping also saw an increase in demand when compared to last year.
How do these outdoor improvements add value to your home? Here is the breakdown!
- Deck Addition
- Outdoor living spaces have become more desirable, especially as more people opt for staycations instead of traveling. By adding a deck you increase your backyard appeal and your house will be more valuable to prospective buyers when you decide to sell.
- Research shows that homeowners recoup 65%-90% of their investment by adding a deck.
- Landscaping and lawn changes are a great way to add curb appeal to your home. You can easily wow potential buyers with a well-kept lawn, some well-placed small trees, flowers and shrubbery.
- Research shows that projects that add to curb appeal and improve the front of the house recoup a decent percentage, depending on the changes made.
- You may not think about it but a fence in the backyard can increase the value of the property. Most homeowners like to have privacy in their backyard and a nice fence can be the perfect solution. In addition to privacy, having a fence may be the make it or break it deal for homeowners with pets or children. Some could even be reluctant to purchase your home without one.
- Research shows you can expect on average a 70% return on investment for stone and metal fences, while other materials average about 50%.
Trending Indoor Projects
While outdoor spaces held the strongest appeal in June, homeowners did not neglect their indoor spaces. Searches for kitchen and bathroom remodeling also increased significantly. Upgrading kitchen or bathroom countertops is a great place to start when you are looking to remodel these areas of your home.
How do these indoor improvements add value to your home? Here is the breakdown!
- New Kitchen Countertops
- Many consider the kitchen to be the heart of the home, and because of this, updates in the kitchen pay off. Replacing outdated kitchen countertops with new ones is not just a home improvement, but an investment that will last for years. If you are looking for kitchen countertops in Minnesota, visit our showroom in Burnsville near Minneapolis.
- Research shows you can expect a 60%-120% return on your investment on a thoughtful kitchen remodel. Don’t go overboard and make the kitchen nicer than the rest of the home, or even the neighborhood.
- New Bathroom Countertops
- In a small space like a bathroom, every detail matters. The right countertop, tilework, or lighting can transform a dated bathroom. Updating these features will increase the value and functionality of the space. If you are looking for bathroom countertops in Minnesota, visit our showroom in Burnsville near Minneapolis.
- Research shows you can expect to receive on average a 70% return on investment when you make improvements to your bathroom. More often then not, a full renovation is not necessary to receive the benefits.
So whether you are interested in making outdoor improvements like adding a deck or updating your indoor space with new countertops, consider starting with one of these top home improvements!
You can also take advantage of our Summer Countertop Sale available until August 31st, 2020 if you are interested in updating the kitchen or bathroom countertops in your Minnesota home. Get amazing prices on select stones including stunning granite and quartz options!