At the beginning of a new year homeowners tend to start home remodeling projects. All home remodeling trends come and go, however it’s important to know what other homeowners are doing in case you decide to sell your home.
Whether you’ve chosen to embark on a kitchen remodel, bathroom remodel or both we have a few tips on what styles are expected to be trendy in 2016.
Trends to watch for in 2016:
- Transitional and contemporary style bathrooms. These are gaining way over traditional designs.
- Modern style bathrooms are popular among homeowners who are remodeling because of their eye-catching features.
- Emphasize a focal point, walk in showers and freestanding tubs are great ways to master this trend. The use of color, hardware, and vanities are also important features that will help emphasize a focal point.
- Bronze and nickel are trendy metals for kitchen and bathroom fixtures.
- Tile is in. The most popular subway tile colors are expected to be white, cobalt blue and slate gray. Although modern wall tiles in bright colors and floral designs may give the more neutral colors a run for their money.
- 2016 will embrace personalized cabinets, raised panel cabinetry and horizontal orientation cabinetry.
- Heated floors are a must.
- Technology such as water resistant music systems, built in charging stations, hands free functionality and tablet holders will be making their way into kitchens and bathrooms in 2016.
- White, gray and neutral colors are expected to be a staple.
- Most importantly functionality in design is expected to be a key factor in 2016 remodeling projects.
Now that the latest info is in your hands it’s time for you to start making decisions on what you’d like in your new kitchen remodel. Of course Inspiration Design Center is always around to help you along the way. Contact us today for your kitchen and remodeling needs.