Is your kitchen ready for holiday visits from friends and family? There’s no need to rush this year, start preparing your home now so that you can relax and enjoy the holiday when the big day arrives.
When preparing the kitchen for the holidays there are many things to consider. Here is where to start:
- Clean out junk drawers
- Find your linen
- De-clutter the kitchen
- Remove anything unnecessary from the countertops, tables, etc.
- Install cabinet locks or baby/pet gates if necessary
- Change smoke detector batteries
- Locate your fire extinguishers
- Hide matches and lighters
- Clean the microwave
- Prep your oven
- Clean out the refrigerator
- Disinfect trash cans
- Get your silverware and plates ready
Your kitchen is the command center after all it’s important that not only your guests but also you feel comfortable too.
- Move your coffee station so your friends and family don’t crowd the kitchen when you’re trying to cook
- Add extra seating in your kitchen so friends and family can hangout comfortably
- Check staples that may need restocking
- Make a cooking schedule