Fabricator/Machine Operator (Burnsville, MN)
Inspiration Design Center offers a state-of-the-art stone fabrication facility located in Burnsville, MN servicing the production and installation of high quality countertop surfaces for our clients. Our 13,000-square foot showroom is a one-stop shop for all your bathroom and kitchen remodeling needs. From full sized kitchen and bath vignettes to cabinets, countertops, flooring, tile, sinks, toilets, tubs, showers and accessories, you’ll find inspiring ideas for every budget.
Inspiration Design Center has immediate openings seeking Full Time Fabricators/Machine Operators to join our team. Open positions include machine operators and hand polishers. This position will focus on fabricating counter top orders by using the shop machines and hand tools. Machines to include: programmable saw, piece inverter, in-line polisher, backsplash polisher, and CNC. All jobs are to be completed prior to installation date and meeting IDC quality standards. Fabricating countertops in a safe, efficient, quality, and cost effective manner. Keeping the shop organized and tour ready at all times.
What you will be doing:
- Operating Assigned machine which could be one or more of the following: saw, backsplash, polisher, inline
- Operate material handling equipment to include: vacuum hoist, jib crane, forklift, and portable carts
- Read IDC job packet and understand how to fabricate pieces based on the drawing
- Perform quality checks on pieces, verifying critical measurements, color and edge profile
- Polish edge profiles with hand polisher
- Maintain a clean and organized shop that is tour ready at all times
- Assist in reviewing all remakes that are shop related and determine root cause and corrective action
- Understand how pieces flow through the shop and how to locate pieces
- Train new employees
What we look for:
- Great attitude, willingness to be a part of a team
- Wants to have fun and take on new challenges
- Strong attention to detail, organized, flexible and punctual.
- Safety minded
- Polisher/KSL: $15-25/hr
- Saw Operator/CNC: $20-30/hr
Training is provided!
***Hours for this position are approximately 6:00am to 2:30 pm or 2:00 pm-10:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Additional hours will be required as workload fluctuates based on seasonality and special events/promotions***